Knowing God's Will with Printable Verse Cards

Does God have a perfect will for His children?  I believe that He does and that He wants to show us our next step. 

Last week I shared that in our book study, "The Best Yes" Terkuerst said, "there is no such thing as a perfect decision" and while I understand that she doesn't disagree with God's perfect will, I just can't agree with this statement.  

Knowing the perfect will of God is possible.  Doing it is a completely different thing. Romans 12:2 says,

 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.”

To know God’s will, there are a couple of things we must note.
  • 1.    Where we stand in the world determines if we will know God’s will.  If we are conforming to the world we will not be able to see God’s perfect will for us. 
  • 2.   What we do with our time also determines if we will know God’s will.  Our minds should be in the process of being transformed by renewing it.  This means we should be spending time in the Word. 

According to this passage,  we will know the will of God and this will is perfect.  In the greek this word perfect means "complete both mentally and morally".  Will means "choice, desire, or will".  We can discern what this will of God is.  Let's put it like this, 

When we are walking in God’s word and in His desire for us according to His Word we will be able to discern what is pleasing to Him. What pleases Him is His perfect choice for us!

He has a perfect choice and we can know it!  BUT it does take discipline on our account.  


Another quick thought - As Christians, we want a clear cut answer immediately, but what if God's will is sanctification through the waiting process?  Did you know that we grow through waiting? Sometimes the hardest thing to do is wait, but great growth comes through just that.



This week I have created for you some printable verse cards on God's will.  I hope you use these and memorize them!  I am also including a couple article links on knowing God's will.  






I hope these articles help as you seek to know God's will.  One thing is for sure, God has a perfect will for us.





Comments

  1. I love your thoughts here, Valerie. It's so important to confirm that God DOES have a specific will for our lives, as this is a truth that many Christians don't believe anymore. Many believe that as long as we don't disobey biblical principles in matters like choosing a mate, selecting a career, engaging in business, choosing a place to live, etc. that God is okay with whatever we decide. I couldn't disagree more, as the Bible is full of examples of our God who ordains a plan and leads the obedient to fulfill that plan. I think of His clear will about the choice of Isaac's wife as well as Hosea's. I think of Him telling Abraham to get up and go to the land He would show him. I think of the Holy Spirit hindering Paul from his own planned route, and directing him somewhere else. I'm grateful for a God who designed me for a specific time, a specific place, a specific calling, and a specific purpose. Thank you for your encouragement to pursue His will wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your Biblical perspective and examples. Even though my marriage is perfect every second of the day :) I tell ladies all the time that when things aren't perfect I can go back to the day that God told me to marry Mark. Without that confirmation, I might second guess my own judgement or decision. There is so much security in knowing that God was the decision maker and that He has a perfect plan and will even when things are tough. I hope you all have a great Easter!

      Delete
  2. Hello, and thank you for the free printable. I hope it will be okay with you if I link my recent blog post (Barabbas) to this article, as you very nicely demonstrate how to know the will of God here. Thank you so much for sharing your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Whenever I try to go to your free printables it says they are not in the Dropbox? I'd really love to have them! I'm a Pastor's wife too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts