Sacrifice Challenge Day Two–Living on $2.50

Yesterday was our second day of financial sacrifice.  Everyday for the remainder of February our family will live on only $2.50 a day.  If you haven’t read our first post you can read it here; February Sacrifice Challenge Day One.

God has provided for all of our needs!  On Thursday afternoon a lady in our church brought us a basket of cookies.  This was neat because my parents were coming into town for a short weekend and we were going to celebrate their anniversary.  This sweet lady didn’t know it, but she was providing the Anniversary dessert.  It was very hard to keep the cookies around until the appointed time, but with much thought I decided it better to hide all of the cookies!  Last night we celebrated their Anniversary with cookies and coffee.

sacrifice challenge 001

When I checked my box at church yesterday I also found a really fun provision.  A sweet friend of mine gave me a recipe for cheap and easy bread with a container of yeast.  I have been looking everywhere for an easy no kneed bread recipe and so I can’t wait to try this one.  It is such an easy bread recipe to make.  I will share the recipe after we try it out tomorrow. 

sacrifice challenge 012

 

My parents brought with them gifts for us which was also a nice treat.  Mark received a bag of coconut crunch coffee from my parents Coffee Shop – La Vita Dolce, and my mom made these beautiful earrings for me.  She has started her own business designing and making jewelry.  I am not a big jewelry lover, but I had seen her wear a pair of these and really liked them so she made me a pair.  Thanks mom!!

sacrifice challenge 015sacrifice challenge 017

Yesterday (day two) we didn’t spend any money.  I am trying to save a couple days worth of money to buy milk, which will be very much needed by tomorrow.  This has been an awesome challenge for me.  It really puts things we need and want into perspective. 

I can’t wait to see what else God has in store for our week! 

Valerie

Comments

Popular Posts