Weight Loss Tip - Day 13





At the beginning of my weight loss journey I wanted all the tips and advice I could get on the topic of weight loss.   My friend Amy happens to be a health and exercise nut so I asked her for some advice.  The first thing she said was to drink lots of water.  When I hear the words lots of water I think 8 cups of water...to me that was A LOT!   I was off by a lot.  Amy tries to drink 1 gallon of water a day.  Now I haven't reach a gallon yet, but I do aim for 90-100 ounces a day. 

At first it was really hard.  I hated water and couldn't imagine myself drinking 8 glasses, and really couldn't imagine 12.  That was a huge stretch for me.  I started with lemon in my water and then moved up to fruit tea bags.  I would put a tea bag in my water in the morning and continue pouring water over that same tea bag all day just to flavor the water.  That helped me get used to the water.  Now I am able to drink pure water without any flavoring, and actually crave it. 

The thing that has helped me the most is a McDonalds tea cup.   I often buy a large unsweet tea while at McDonalds just for the cup.  My goal is to drink three (32oz.) cups of water a day.   I drink one in the morning, afternoon, and in the evening.  I have found that the cup has made the biggest difference in my water consumption. 

I have also made a commitment not to drink pop anymore.  I was a coke-a-holic which I feel was my main gallbladder problem.  I haven't had any gallbladder attacks in months and credit it to my new eating and drinking lifestyle.  I still have days where I eat exactly what I want, but I have drawn the line with soda.  This has been a huge change for me.  A change that made me feel very deprived at first, but one that I don't even think about now. 

So as you think about getting healthy for the New Year try drinking extra water.  Water has been one of the biggest keys to my weight loss and is the best way to maintain your goal weight. 

Enjoy your Friday,
Valerie

Comments

Popular Posts