Sacrifice Challenge Day Four

We started our day today with two sick fellas.  Garrett and Mark were not feeling very well.   The first thing Garrett said was that the African food made him sick.  It was way too funny.  I later found out that when Garrett's class heard he was sick they all said it was the African food.  I think I was the only one defending that it wasn't the food. :)  Garrett recovered really quickly and was able to return to school after lunch. 


For breakfast we had leftover potatoes which I fried up with onions.  They were wonderful and a great start for our day. 

 We enjoyed our lunch so much yesterday that we had almost the same lunch today.   I fried up some onion, mushroom, and leftover pineapple that I put on top of flat bread and beef.  It had a great flavor and the pineapple added such a great dimension. 


 For dinner we had a Ugandan stew.  As I was researching the Ugandan culture I found a recipe for Bunyoro stew which is basically a very simple beef stew.  It called for cubed beef, tomatoes, onion, and curry powder.  The Ugandans put this stew over rice.  I also made some corn mix cakes to go with our stew. 



We have just a few more days left until this challenge is over and I think our family is ready to go back to normal eating.  I really miss my salads and veggies.  This week is definitely preparing us for next week because next week starts our churches first prayer and fasting week of the year.  I am really looking forward to see what God is going to do through our church this year. 

Tomorrow is Friday!!!
I hope you have an awesome day.

Valerie

Comments

Popular Posts