Sacrifice Challenge Day Five


The Israelites wondered in the desert for 40 years eating only manna given to them by God.  This account is found in Exodus 16.  Sometimes when we read the Bible we wonder why people did what they did.  It is easy to read the account of the Israelites and wonder how they could complain when the God of the Universe was providing miraculously for them.  I know that I have been guilty of thinking that if it were me I would have had a different attitude. 
This week we have been very limited in the foods we can eat and already we find ourselves getting grumbly about the lack of options.  We remember back to what we ate last week and find ourselves wanting that food.  We aren’t much different from the Israelites.  We complain but in even better circumstances.  What a lesson!  We have so much to be thankful for even when eating a very limited selection of food.
Today I have been asked almost a dozen times when we would eat normal food again.  I know the kids are ready to return to our normal eating habits, but I really hope they are learning at least a little from this experience. 
This morning for breakfast Mark and I had flat bread with peanut butter.  I am not a big peanut butter fan at all so I didn’t care for it much, but Mark liked it.  It looks almost like a quesadilla.
ugandan challenger 001
For lunch I had another stir fry over rice.  I made Mark a grilled flat bread sandwich using roast beef.   It has been a challenge to be creative with the food options we have.  All my creative juices have been spent elsewhere this week.  Smile 
ugandan challenger 002ugandan challenger 004
For dinner we had Ugandan meatballs, rice, beans, and grill onions.  It turned out to be a really good dinner.  I will have to say that we might never eat beef again after this week.  We have had beef overload.  I see in the forecast chicken, shrimp, or a vegetarian diet.  But I am not complaining it has been a great experience. 
ugandan challenger 008
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I am really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning.  Let’s see if we are able to because of our sweet little Breanna. Smile 
Night,
Valerie

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts