Random Act of Giving Day Two

Random Act of Giving - Day Two


I have enjoyed doing this so much that I hope this will become a new tradition for us.   Our kids are really getting into it as well which is such a blessing.  Yesterday I had to go to Walmart so I decided to make that the place of giving.  I had a plan in mind but it didn't go the way I had hoped.  I was hoping I could get to a register that didn't have a line so that I could buy a gift card and leave it with the cashier to give to the next person in line.  But Walmart was packed and all the lines were full so I bought the gift card and asked the cashier to give it to the next lady that came through  line as a Merry Christmas gift from the Pastor's Wife at (our church).  She had no expression at all so I have idea what the cashier was thinking.  I wished her a Merry Christmas and left.

I wasn't able to see what happened but I didn't need to.  I had prayed that the Lord would place the perfect lady in line to receive the card and I know He did.  My story doesn't end here because something really neat happened.

Mark and I go on a lunch date every week with a special companion...Breanna. :)  For lunch we went to a Mexican Restaurant in town and ordered our meal.  Breanna is doing so much better for us while we are out and about so we were able to eat a semi-peaceful lunch.  When we got up to pay the lady at the register said, "Your meal has been taken care of."  We were so shocked and delighted.  God does such neat things and it is in those things that we feel His love and kindness to us.  I know it is a really small thing, but through that small thing God reaffirmed to me that we were doing exactly what He would have us to be doing by giving to others.   My theme verse for this Christmas is 1 Timothy 6:18 which says, "Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, to be generous and willing to share."  I want these three things to be an out pour of my life as a result of my worshipping Christ.  I will share more about that tomorrow.


Here are just a couple of pictures for the family to see. On Saturday morning Breanna woke up and cuddled with the kids while they were watching a movie.  This is really rare so I was able to get a picture of all three of them together. 

Right before church on Sunday I had Garrett and Lexi sit for a picture.  I didn't know it but Breanna wanted to be in the picture too so she scooted her way down the fireplace to get in the picture.  The kids are laughing because she was being so sneaky and silly.  



Well I am off to the large town today to get some Christmas shopping done.  I haven't bought one gift yet so I really need to get on the ball.  I really hope Breanna has a good day so I can get as much done as possible.  

Many blessing to each of you!  I hope you have an awesome day.
Valerie

Comments

Popular Posts