Random Act of Giving - Day Three

Random Act of Giving - Day Three

I had a reader describe giving as contagious and I would have to agree.  I have had so much fun with this project.  Today I wanted the kids to help me so after dinner we all headed out to Walmart.   I had in hand dollar bills, verse cards (I forgot the tracts and these were the only things I had), and kids very eager to help.  I was a little disappointed that I forgot the tracts because I really wanted to fold the dollar up into the tract.  I didn't know what I was going to do without the tracts, but I found these verse cards in my purse.  I wrote Merry Christmas on the back and folded the dollar bill around the card.  The mission was to place the dollar with card in a random toy package.  I had a couple rules for the kids... 
  • Only one per aisle.
  • Find aisles that were empty because I didn't want anyone to see us.
  • Put the dollar in a package that wasn't sealed and could be easily seen.


So we headed out placing the dollars in or on packages that could be seen.


The kids had so much fun picking out where they wanted to put the money.



They also had fun picking out Christmas presents that they wanted us to buy.  :)  They were quickly reminded that getting was not the point of this activity...it was giving!


When we got home Mark gave me an envelope that had $20 in it.  He said God has again provided for us to keep giving to others.  I am overwhelmed yet again how gracious and wonderful our God is.  We can never out give Him for He is the giver of all!



Merry Christmas,
small signature

Comments

Popular Posts