Random Act of Giving - Day Seven

I started this random act of giving journey a week ago and I will have to say that it made a huge impact my life.  I have seen how much joy such a small gift has on people...people I don't even know and might never have come in contact with any other way.  Gifts are so simple to give but can make such an impact on people.  This will definitely be a tradition we will carry on through the years. 


Giving does not need to cost a lot of money.  My budget for this week was $35.  I was hoping to spend around $5.00 a day or less.  I could have done it for a lot less, but this was my goal for this week because of the different things I wanted to do. 


For yesterday's act of giving I bought a $5.00 Bible from the Christian book store to give.  I knew that we would eat out while shopping in town so I wrapped up the Bible in a bag with a tract and some gum to give to our waitress.   

Biblia RVR 1960 Tam. Personalizado, Piel Imit. Lilas en Flor  (RVR 1960 Personal Size Bible, Imit. Leather, Purple Flowers)



We did not get to talk with her about spiritual things, but I hope and pray that God uses this gift in such a mighty way.  

Even though I am done with my week long act of giving I am going to follow the Lord's leading as He directs me to others that might need a special gift.   This next week I will be highlighting some testimonies of children and adults who have been doing random acts of giving.  I hope that through their testimonies you will be encouraged as I have.  If you have a testimony you would like to share please email me at thebloggingpastorswife@gmail.com

I will also be posting printable Christmas tags, Christmas verse cards, Heirloom ornaments, a Christmas children's craft, Christmas food recipes, my struggle with Christmas, and more.  I hope you have a wonderful Christ filled week!

Merry Christmas,

Valerie

Comments

  1. 100% agree with you. I think sometimes it is enough just to turn on our creativity! And best give for ppl is attention and good words!
    Merry x mas! Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts