Random Act of Giving Day One

I am so excited about this week of giving.  Last night we did our first random act and it was SO much fun.  I was giddy all the way home just because we gave to someone.  I'll tell you about that in a minute.

Last night  we had a Children's program night at church. All of our children were in some part of the program.  It was neat because our church does a nursery program.  Mark and I had never seen something like that before.  The nursery program started the evening and they did such a wonderful job.  They actually did a lot better than I expected. 

                    

Breanna was Mary and she did a wonderful job on stage.  I was surprised at how well all the babies did.  This little guy on the right was the sheep and was the cutest thing.  I don't think he cried one time. 

 

 This sweet girl was one of the angels.  I couldn't get a good picture of the other angel because she was moving way too much.


 If you look really closely you will see the angel on the left eating a sucker.  Joseph behind the manger was also eating a sucker and little Mary (Breanna) was holding 3 suckers.   This was the best trick ever to keep them all quiet on stage and it worked very well.  Breanna didn't eat hers, but was content just  holding them. :)



Both of our girls were Mary this year.  Each age group presented a different program so they had different Mary's for each program.  I am not sure how Garrett ended up being in all three but they all did such a wonderful job.   Garrett had a little solo which I almost missed because I was back taking care of Breanna in the nursery.  He sang a verse to "Away in a Manger" and did an awesome job!  I am so proud of my three children and ALL the children in our church for serving the Lord in such a special way. I love to see children worshiping our Lord and Savior. 



 One special thing about boys is that they start out completely dressed and ironed, but by the time an hour goes by you never know what to expect.  Last night during the program I looked up to see Garrett all wrinkled with his shirt untucked and his tie completely falling off his neck.  I was so wrapped up in putting Breanna's costume on that I didn't even think that my son would need help too. :)  It just makes life fun and interesting all the time and I wouldn't change it for anything!  He is such a special boy on the inside and that to me is what matters most.  After the program I did make him tuck in his shirt and pull up his tie for this picture.  Without moms what would happen? :)


After the program we told the kids we would take them to get ice cream because they did such an awesome job.  So we headed to McDonald's.  This is where the random acts of giving comes in...

I have heard of people buying a meal for the car behind them in a drive thru before, and thought what better way to start out our 'Random Acts of Giving' week, so we did.    When we first pulled up I was a little concerned because there was no one  behind us, but I knew that is exactly what I wanted to do so I prayed for a car...and one came.  In the car behind us was a lady with her daughter getting dessert and drinks.   It was so neat because the McDonald's employee was kind of excited that we were doing this for the car behind us.  She asked us what we wanted her to tell them and we told her to tell them that the Pastor and Pastors wife from (our church) wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas.   Everyone at McDonald's was so helpful by putting the one order in separate bags.   When we pulled out we saw the ladies face in the car behind us light up when she heard we paid for her meal.  It was so rewarding and fun to give in this way!  I know that this will not be the last time we do this for someone else.  What a treat...and it wasn't the food!

I would love to hear of any random acts of giving that you do this season! I just know that you will be blessed beyond measure!

Merry Christmas,
Valerie



Comments

  1. I love this idea Valerie! I specifically went through the McDonalds drive thru today, to try this. I ordered a drink, and then saw a woman pull up behind me. I paid for her order, and when I looked back, I saw her face fade from confusion to delight. Then I saw her look to the car behind her, and proceed to pay the cashier. I can only assume that she had decided to pass on the gift to someone else. It was a blessing to see, and made me wonder how far one small act of kindness can go. Giving is so contagious. Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving is contagious. Thank you so much for sharing your story! What a blessing and encouragement to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts