Ramblings

We arrived at my parents house this evening and have started the Christmas festivities.  I finished wrapping the presents right before we headed out the door.  Like everyone this time of year, I didn't think I was going to get it all done before leaving town, but it all came together. 

A dear lady in our church brought us some cranberry bread yesterday afternoon.  I am not sure if I have ever had cranberry bread before, but I know that it will not be the last.  It was so good.

Breanna enjoyed it so much that she kept saying eat, eat.

 I wrapped our gifts in pink and teal with tons of glitter.   I sprayed glue on the boxes and glittered them in clear/white, pink, and teal.  I picked the perfect time to pick out my ribbon...last minute so I only had a couple of choices, but it worked out great and cheap.  I didn't have time to heat up my hot glue gun and make proper bows, but I will put that on my to do list for next year. :)


My mother has a snowman tree this year.  She made these snowmen a couple of years ago with glass ornaments, baby socks, and pom poms.    The tree is full of these cute little snowmen, snowflakes, and  twinkling lights.   I love Christmas trees.   Here is a little history for you...

The first Christmas tree was decorated in 1510. Martin Luther is said to have decorated a small Christmas Tree with candles, to show his children how the stars twinkled through the dark night.

There is something so inviting and beautiful about a Christmas tree.  Garrett and Lexie slept in the living room a couple of nights last week to enjoy the lights on the tree.  I know of a family that has a tradition of putting up the tree and camping in the living room that same night to enjoy the lights on the tree.  I love that tradition, but I love my bed and would not last long on the living room floor. :) 

I am getting reports daily of how so many of you are doing random acts of giving.  So many people are being impacted by your giving!  Praise the Lord!  May the Lord use our giving to bring people to Christ this season. 

Merry Christmas,
Valerie

Comments

Popular Posts