A House Full of Greenery



On Monday evening our family headed out to chop down our Christmas tree for the first time.  We had a wonderful time.  Monday evening it was really warm so it felt a little odd chopping down a tree in 60 degree weather.  I have a feeling that picking out and chopping down our tree has become a new Christmas tradition for us.   As we were paying for the tree I noticed some greenery for sale.  For a 12' strand of roping the cost was $16.  For me that was way too much so immediately the wheels in my head started turning.  This is what I came up with...




My side yard has a dozen huge evergreens and another type of pine tree (not sure what kind) that were calling my name this afternoon.  The best part was that I didn't have to pay anything for all this greenery.  I was able to make 9 arrangements for the house out of just a few cuts off of a couple of our trees.   Garrett mentioned the other night that we should have cut down one of the trees in our yard for our Christmas tree.  I thought it was cute because not even half a tree would fit in our living room they are so big.  


I started with a serving tray that I got 90% off last season,
 and then layered the different types of pines.  




I put my focal piece on top and added a bow.  
 So easy, very cheap, and fun to do!


 I am not a Victorian Era decorator, but I found this frame at a yard sale for $1 so I decided to pick it up to re purpose.  As I was decorating today I came across it and thought it would fit perfect with this fabric and candle.    


For every arrangment I started with a base layer and filled in with the smaller pine and embellishments.  


For embellishments I used pine cones, ornaments, berries, candles, flowers, bells, and bows. 
I didn't have to go out and buy anything for any of these pieces.  I used what I already had on hand. 



Greenery makes such an awesome filler to use with what you already have.   If you have any type of pine trees or shrubbery in your yard you are all set for free decoration!   Now that my decorating is done I can start some new projects! 

Blessings,
small signature


Comments

Popular Posts