Doctor Doctor


We had the most unusual weekend.   It all started with a Doctors visit.  Last week Mark headed to the Dr. because he has the shingles and needed to get it diagnosed.  After he started the medicine he became very ill and thought it was his medicine, but when I came down with the stomach flu the next day we knew it was the bug.   Our sickness was very short lived and we were both better until Saturday evening when Mark was sick again.  He almost was not able to preach on Sunday, but the Lord gave him strength enough to make it through his sermon.  Sunday afternoon he started feeling better even though on and off he has still struggled a little bit. 


Sunday evening Lexi's face started getting a little puffy, but I didn't think much about it because we were out in the cold caroling and thought it could be the temperature change.  On Monday morning she woke up with the left side of her face completely swollen.   A couple of days earlier she had been complaining with a tooth ache so I thought it had to be connected with that.  For the second time in a week we headed to our new Dr.'s office.   The Dr. thought it might be a sinus type infection and wanted X rays because it was around the eye and any infection around the eye can go to the brain pretty fast.  So we headed off to have X rays, but praise the Lord nothing was found.   The sinuses were completely clear so they really are not sure what was causing the swelling.  She said that an antibiotic should clear it up within the next 24 hours so we will all keep a close eye on it.  This morning when she woke up it was worse and her eye was all pink/purple, but this evening it is almost back to normal.  She was so embarrassed while we were out and about today because of her face.  She didn't want anyone looking or staring at her so I gave her my sunglasses to wear.   I am wondering if the sickness that Mark and I had just showed up in a different way in her body.  We are very thankful that she is doing better and that she doesn't have a serious infection!



Breanna has an obsession with shoes.  I have a feeling it is because she didn't wear shoes for the first 1 1/4 years of life.  I know it sounds crazy, but I didn't want to buy shoes for a baby that had not started walking.  Now that she is walking she is wearing shoes and loves them.

Hopefully we will not have to visit the Dr. anymore this year.   I am glad that I found a Pediatrician that I like in our small town.  She was wonderful!   So now we know...I guess a large price to pay for just knowing. :) 

Good night!
Valerie




Comments

  1. I pray that the rest of the holiday season is illness-free for your family! I have heard that Shingles is very painful. Thank you for your kind comment at Team Skelley and Merry Christmas!
    PS- I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts