The Reservation

THE RESERVATION

by Maria Hartman

Picture this: your husband (or wife) has plans to take you out to dinner somewhere really special. He calls the restaurant and makes reservations for two. Sounds good doesn’t it!!

My husband, boys and I recently went to a NY Yankees game in Baltimore with my sister and her husband. These tickets, which were not cheap, were purchased by my sister months in advance for that particular day. We each had a ticket which reserved a place for us. It didn’t have our names on it, but it did have the section, the row, and the seat we were assigned to. Without reservations our most enthusiastic efforts would have been completely useless to grant our entrance into the stadium. (the Yankees lost by the way; just in case any of you were wondering).

In 1 Peter 1:
3-5, we see the most important reservation of all time. –Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.--

I never thought about it like this before, but when I trusted Jesus to be my Lord and Savior, I actually made a reservation in heaven. I didn’t make a phone call to do this, but I did call out to God with my whole heart. I called upon the name of the Holy Son of God, Jesus Christ. At that moment, I had a reservation to the glory of eternity. I don’t know when I will go, or how I will go, but I do know that I will go because of the living hope named Jesus.

For Today:
Friends, I secured my reservation the day I was born again. The same is true for
anyone who has been saved by grace through faith in Christ. Our names are
written in eternity, and unlike the Yankee game, there will be nothing
disappointing about the outcome! This reservation will not expire, but will
remain until the appointed time. Praise God, there will always be a place there
for those of us who know Him!

But remember this, no matter how much we’d like to, we cannot make reservations for two. Each one of us is responsible for our own.

Go and tell someone about your amazing God. Show them how great His love is! Point them to the cross, the empty tomb, and to an inheritance that is incorruptible and undefiled, never to fade away. Tell them, tell them, and tell them again. There are seats still available.

Comments

Popular Posts