- Saving Money On Clothing
- Saving Money On Home Decor
- Saving Money On The Internet
- Saving Money On Food and Entertainment
There are so many practical ways to save money and so many websites that share money saving tips. This series will give some simple ways I have saved money to help make our budget work better for us. I will also share ways that we have earned extra money for unexpected surprises.
This weeks series is - Saving Money On Clothing.
Clothing can be a major expense. I try to find the lowest price possible so that buying clothes is not a burden financially. Children's clothes can be very expensive especially during growth spurts. I have a couple "go to" stores that I shop frequently.
- Once Upon A Child - I love this store. It is a very nice children's consignment. They sell cute clothes that are mostly name brand for about 1/3 of the price. Last week I was able to buy Breanna 7 outfits for around $20. If we average each outfit at $15 a piece that figures to $105 - a savings of $85.
- Thrift Stores - Thrift stores are a little bit more of a hunt because they do not always have the sizes and quality that a consignment will have. On average children's clothing is $2.00 a piece. I have found some really good deals on clothing and shoes for the whole family at thrift stores. Make sure to check all clothing carefully for any wear.
- Plato's Closet - This is a teen consignment store. I have found some amazing deals in this store. A couple years ago I found 5 men's polos (all name brand) for only $15. One shirt alone retailed for $65 so this was an awesome deal. They also sell shoes, belts, and some perfume.
- Yard Sales - Yard sales are great ways to stock up on clothing. Right before Breanna was born I hit a great yard sale full of baby clothes. A lady had 3 large tubs of really nice name brand baby clothes 0-12 months marked at $1 a piece. I asked her how much she would take per tub and she said $10. I took all three. When I got them home and counted each piece of clothing came to $.18 a piece.
- End of Season Clearance - Many stores have 2 big clearance times a year. Check with your favorite stores to see when they do the end of the season clearance.
- Favorite Store Coupons - Many stores have promotions and coupons at some point in time. You can receive coupons through the mail or email. Ask your favorite stores how to get store coupons.
- TJ Maxx and Marshals - These stores have nice clothes at lower prices.
There are a few things that you should not do when shopping.
- Never impulse buy - Large purchases should be thought and prayed over. You might consider taking a few days to pray about the purchase you are about to make. I have even prayed the Lord would provide a lower price...and He has! We were able to get a laptop $200 less just by praying and waiting a week.
- Don't use credit cards unless you have the money to pay it off.
- Don't buy something you don't need or might already have.
I would love to hear your money saving tips. If you have any tips please email me and I will add it to the next series post.
Just a side note...If you would like to vote for my blog as one of the top Faith Blogs you can by going here...
Have a wonderful weekend!!