House and Kids

I love weekends!  It is nice to sleep in a little...which in reality isn't much later than a week day, but for some reason it feels like I am sleeping in.  I am not sure how that works. :) 

We had a pretty low key day that included a small day trip to Staunton to eat a late lunch with my parents.  We ate at a neat restaurant downtown called the Depot Grill.  The food was okay, but the restaurant had character. It was located right next to the train tracks.  We were able to see and feel the train go by.  It is nice to be close enough to family to have lunch visits. 


Breanna is borrowing this walker from a friend in the church.  The minute I put her in it she took off.  It didn't take long at all for her to find me and scream to be picked up.  She is a very insistent and stubborn gal.


This isn't a great picture, but its a picture.  They are changing so fast.  It seems like they change overnight sometimes.  Garrett was in great need of a haircut in my opinion, but he didn't feel the same way.  He wants his hair to grow out like the boys in his class.  I tried to explain that thick red headed boys can't have long hair because it turns into a bush. He really didn't understand, and this is one thing I don't want him learning by trying. :) 


So we got a haircut! 

Here are a few pictures of the house.  I didn't get the whole house because the kids were sleeping and there was stuff on my bed. :)  I will take some more pictures later. 


I am going to paint the mirror a darker color to tie in with the set.  I haven't decided exactly what color, but probably black. 


I love how the house is so open.  All the rooms are very open and nice size. 


When you walk in the front door you walk into the dining room and are greeted by the fireplace. 


Not much to see, but I LOVE the curtain rod we put up.  I have always wanted a hotel type rod so we decided to try it and really like it. 


small signature

Comments

  1. ok I know I'm commenting on every post but I'm ok with that. :) I LOVE your house!! And of course you already have it completely beautiful!!! The fireplace is awesome! :) can't wait to see it in person. and please tell Garrett we love his haircut. 8 thumbs up. :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie! The house looks great :) I'm so glad you guys are doing ok, and I agree with Mary - the haircut gets a couple of thumbs up from me too :)

    I've been praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts