It's Been A While

Goodness,  I guess I didn't realize it has been over a week since I posted last.  We have had a wonderful week and are now getting back into reality.  We just ended a wonderful week of missions conference.  It is my absolute favorite time of year.  Here are just some highlights of the week from my perspective.  Last Sunday night the Pastor's team sang a few songs.  They were awesome.  I love hearing them all sing!  I think they should all sing more often and not just on Sunday night, but on a Sunday morning.  Hint! Hint! :)

We were able to keep a visiting missionary family.  The kids got along great and played together as often as possible.  The were very close to Garrett and Lexi's age so it turned out perfect.   It is so nice having an apartment downstairs so that we can minister in this type of way.  We enjoy having guests. 
I wanted to make some cookies for our guests so I told the kids to come and help.  Garrett wasn't to thrilled and opted out.  I explained that he needs to learn his way around the kitchen so he can cook when he is older.  He then told me that when his kids needed something to eat he would just make them a snandwich. (That's how he says sandwich.)  It was quite funny. 

This was the first year that Garrett was old enough to be in the 1st-6th grade missions conference.  It was really neat.  They had passports, games, missionary speakers, signature cards for the missionaries to sign, prizes, songs, and more.  I wasn't prepared for all the drama that went with this conference.  Garrett accidentally lost his card 2 times and left his passport at home 1 time.  Garrett is so much like Mark and has to have everything just like it is supposed to be. So, when he lost or forgot his things he went all to pieces.  After much drama and tears we got through the week. 

It was awesome to see Garrett's faith this week.  He prayed that the Lord would provide money for him to take as offering.  After he prayed Mark unknowingly gave him a chore to earn some money.  He came inside so excited that the Lord answered his prayer.  Then on Sunday his Papaw came over and unknowingly handed him some money for his offering.  God DID answer Garrett's prayer.  It was awesome to stand back and watch this take place.
The only part of mission's conference I don't like is the time limit for the missionaries.  I could sit and listen all night long to the reports of our missionaries.  I do understand that sleep is needed for the children so it is not possible to stay all night. :) 

Pastor Alderman wrapped up the conference with a very powerful message on Romans 1:1.  It was a perfect way to end the conference! 
 

This week Garrett and Lexi received their first grades of the year.  They are both doing excellent! 




This was one of Lexi's art class projects.

 Three weeks ago I was able to take a coupon class.  I had never really used a coupon except for the ones that come on the packages.  A lady in the church showed us how to take full advantage of coupons and deals at pharmacies.  I learned so much that the first week I was able to save over $100.  I was amazed at how much I was actually saving.  Pictured below are my pharmacy/walmart/target deals.  I was able to get all of this for $23 plus I received $12 in register rewards and CVS bucks on top of that.  All of this retails for over $70.  Using coupons I got the Renu eye solution, Guacamole, wipes, gas x, 1 pk. chocolate chips, Renuzit, and gain dish washing soap completely free.  My best deal was the guacamole.  I had a coupon for $4.00 off and it was only $2.38 so I got $1.62 to use toward the rest of my purchase.  It is really neat seeing all of the money that I am saving, and on stuff that I will actually use...well except for the Renu eye solution.  I will give that to my brother.  Thanks so much to the wonderful couponing class!!
small signature

Comments

  1. Good job with the couponing, Valerie! Once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts