Catching Up


Thursday night the girls and the guys split up for nights out.  The guys (Garrett, Isaiah, and Mark) went to a men's Bible study, and the girls (Lexi, Breanna, and I) went to the mall.  I wasn't to thrilled about going to the mall, but Lexi loves going on dates to the mall.  We had a wonderful time.  I let Lexi pick where she wanted to eat, and what stores to visit.  I finally had to stop her because she would have probably gone into every store in the mall.  She had so much fun.  She told me over and over how much fun she was having.  She wanted to buy everything.  I think shopping is a new and fun concept to her.  I usually buy only out of necessity, and at thrifty stores so she doesn't get to do much real shopping with me.  We had so much fun that I think we will make it a once a month habit.  We didn't buy anything, but she sure did dream. 

When we were walking to the car Lexi started talking to me about getting married.  She paused for a minute and said, "He sure is going to be special,"  about the guy she is going to marry.  Then she added, "maybe I will just marry God."  After that she did say she was kidding, but when she gets to heaven she will just be with God.  I told her that marrying God wasn't really possible, but in a way it was because we are the bride of Christ.  I love this yearning and new desire that she has.  It is such a breath of fresh air to finally be on the same page.  I love how the lights are clicking on in her mind.  Oh, my hearts desire is for her to grow up understanding that God is always enough!   Even in marriage we have to make sure that God is our ALL because our spouse can never be everything to us that we want them to be.  I know that I cannot be everything to Mark that he needs.  When first married I looked to him to fulfill everything in life, but he can't nor can I.  It is so wonderful that we as Christians can have someone that can be our ALL...Christ!


Thursday for art class Lexi worked on eye shapes and symmetry.  She is loving art class every week!!




While Lexi was having art class Garrett was being super silly. :)


 
Day Trip to the Lake



 Friday morning Mark and I headed out on a small trip to the lake.  We had a great time.  Every time we go it seems the lake area grows more and more.  We had a good time visiting some local shops, talking with people, and eating a great mexican lunch.   We also stopped by to see my parents.  Mom and Dad are opening a new coffee shop mid November so we went to see how the progress was coming along.  It is all starting to come together and we are so excited.  I will post more pictures as they progress.



TuTu Cute!!


 
I made this tutu for a friend of ours who was having a birthday this weekend.  It was so much fun to make.  Lexi has already put in a request for the same tutu for Christmas. 




Friday evening we were able to fellowship with some friends of ours, and had a wonderful time.  The girls were being so silly!!  We are in silly face mode around here. :)




This morning we got up bright and early to head out to a fall festival in a surrounding town.   We had a wonderful time.  The kids rode on a hay ride, and we ate the best funnel cake I have ever had.  It was such a gorgeous day and the drive was beautiful.  I love being surrounded by mountains.


Birthday Celebrations!










To top off our wonderful weekend we headed to the birthday party.  It was so full of fun and exciting things!! Not to mention cotton candy!  The kids had a blast.  I loved the donut eating contest and the great pictures it made.  Two of my favorites in one day...cotton candy and funnel cakes. 

Comments

Popular Posts