Community Classes and Labor Day

Our Church started community classes last night.  These are classes designed to reach out to unchurched people in our community.  We are offering marriage, financial, parenting, scrapbooking, calligraphy, quilting, CPR, insurance, couponing, and other classes free of charge as a service to our community. 

My husband is the Pastor heading up these classes.  It has been so neat to see all the details come together and how the Lord has been working to bring everything together despite tons of difficulty.  Last night was a great night.  We had almost 100 people from our community attend our church not including the children they brought.  I was signed up to take the scrapbooking class, but we had so many nursery needs I was able to work in the infant nursery with my little Breanna.  It was a great time to catch up with all the wonderful ladies who work in the nursery. 

It was wonderful seeing so many new people around our campus!  It was also neat to see all of our church members befriending the new class members.  It was a time of great unity.  The Lord truly blessed in awesome ways.


This past Monday was Labor Day.  We were able to take a break from thinking community classes to enjoy time with our families.  We are blessed to have both sets of parents in the area so we got to spend time with each side.  My family lives about 35 minutes from us which right now seems a lot longer since we usually have a baby crying the whole way.  We are praying this phase ends very soon :)  It was such a beautiful day.  Dad made some ribs and we celebrated my brothers birthday.  We also played Bananagrams a new game that we bought last week.  If you like Scrabble you would like this game.  We had such a great time.




After my parents house we went to Mark's parents and had a family grill out.  We had my father-n-laws famous grilled chicken, and stuffed potatoes.  It was wonderful getting to catch up with our families and have such a relaxing day!
Here is Breanna smiling at GG.   She was having a better night than usual.  Hallelujah :)
Breanna is either happy or mad these days.  There isn't much in between!




Lexi's favorite thing to do is color.  She colors nonstop.  I am hoping she will be an artist like my Mom and Mark's brother.  I would like to set up some type of art class that she can participate in to develop her creativity. 

 
I loved the extra day off this weekend, but I am sure glad to be back in a routine. 

Comments

Popular Posts