Passion

Thursday we went to the Doctor to have Breanna's 4 month check up.  She weighed 15lbs. 6oz. which is in the 90% and she was 27.5 inches tall which is way over 100%.  I knew she was tall, but I didn't know she was that tall.  It was funny because the nurse came and told the Dr. that the computer asked her if she was sure she wanted to enter that height.  She was telling me that Breanna was so tall for her age that it didn't want to enter 27.5 inches as her height.  She had to have 2 shots, but she did wonderful only crying for about 20 seconds. 


Lexi received a Michaels gift card for her birthday.  She had so much fun picking out items with her card.  We brought all her stuff home and she started to work painting, and coloring.  She painted 2 of her pieces for her choir teachers.  Lexi is such a giver.  She loves making things for people! 


Garrett also got a couple things from Michaels as well.  He made this boat for his best buddy.

My sister made this lion for Breanna.  She has been making these for her patients in the hospital.  Breanna loves it and has started chewing on it.  I have been told by a number of people that Breanna is probably cutting teeth.   She is chewing on everything and drooling everywhere. =)


In art class this week Oma took pictures, cut them out, and had Lexi fill in the rest.  She did a great job, but had a few ornery moments.

They also finished the art project from last week.  
I love it!!

Garrett has enjoyed playing his Yahtzee game that he got for his birthday.

These are Breanna's 4 month pictures. 
She did not want to cooperate with me at all so I did not get many good pictures.  She wanted to eat all the tulle.  She was also fussy so cried in many of the pictures. 

At 4 months you;
~are still going through lots of fussiness.  Some days are better and other days are not.
~when in a good mood talk all the time...coo and ooh and awe.
~eat your fists like crazy
~spit up a lot
~have started grabbing your toys and eating them =)
~have rolled over 4 times
~love your little gym
~do not like riding in the car or your car seat
~have started small amounts of rice cereal
~still sleep in your snugly
~are a little ticklish










Garrett and Lexi look so much alike that we have people ask us if they are twins.  I usually can't go to the grocery store without someone asking.  They are both around the same height and wear the same size clothing that it is hard to see how they could be 2 years apart.

O.W.S
Obsessive.Wii.Syndrome
Garrett is absolutely obsessed with the Wii.  This is why we don't have a Wii.  It is nice that both sets of grandparents have one so we can take advantage of theirs when we go visit. 

This week has started to feel like fall and I couldn't be more excited for the change.  I love fall more now than ever before and can't wait for the leaves to start changing.   We have such an amazing and wonderful creator who is so full of beauty that it overflows into all of creation. 

 My heart is so overfilled with joy as I think of our amazing God and His mighty power in our lives.  Last night Mark and I were listening to Jim Cymbala preach a message on prayer.  I was telling someone a couple weeks ago how God sometimes has themes for my week...something He really wants me to focus upon.  This week is faith and prayer.  From Pastor's sermon on Sunday to Pastor Cymbala's message last night, and friends who have specifically asked prayer for certain things.  I want to see the mighty hand of God working around us as a direct answer to our prayers.  I don't want to lack because I never asked.  I don't want to miss out on what God wants to do in my life because of my apathy or lack of passion.
Lord,  give me a deep desire and strong passion for You.
I love this song and want it to be so true in my own life...

One Pure And Holy Passion
Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me on magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You

To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you
To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your disciple in the truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you

Lord to know and follow hard after you
And to grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you



small signature

Comments

Popular Posts